ALABAMA DEPARTMENT OF ARCHIVES AND HISTORY
P.O. Box 300100
Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100
PERMISSION TO PUBLISH CONTRACT
I/we request permission to: ___ quote from ___ cite from ___ publish
materials from the collections of the Alabama Department of Archives and History listed below.
- In giving permission to quote from, cite from, or publish, the Alabama Department of Archives and History does not surrender its
own right to publish such material or to grant permission to others to do so.
- Permission is granted for one-time only. The materials may not be reused without the written permission of the Department.
- The Department does not claim to control all rights of reproduction for all materials in its collections. The publishing party
assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for significant infringement of the U.S. Copyright Code.
- The researcher assumes full responsibility for the use of material obtained from the Department and conformity to the laws of
defamation and privacy, and holds harmless the Alabama Department of Archives and History from any claims arising as a result
of his or her use of the material.
- In the event that the donor(s) have retained literary rights to their materials, the researcher must obtain permission from them
before publication of any such material.
- If permission to publish is granted, the publisher agrees to send the Department a copy of the publication containing the materials
- Credit Line: Alabama Department of Archives and History, Montgomery, Alabama.
MATERIALS USED: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I/we agree to the conditions specified above.
Signature and Title ___________________________________________________________ Date ________________
Title of proposed publication: ______________________________________________________
Author/Producer: __________________________________ Expected date of
________________________________________________ Telephone: _______________________
This use is: ___ Non Profit ___ Educational ___ Commercial (Check one)
The result will be ___ Periodical ___ Book ___ Textbook ___ Web site/CD ___Other (Check one)
APPROVED __________________________________________________ , Assistant Director for Public Services