This listing includes only those historical markers sponsored by the Alabama Historical Association since the program's inception in 1947. The texts for these markers have been published periodically between 1961 and 2003 in the AHA's quarterly journal, the Alabama Review, the source for the information on this site. Beginning in 2003, AHA marker texts were published annually in the Association's Newsletter.
Information on placing markers
Note: The Alabama Historical Commission, a separate and distinct organization from the Alabama Historical Association, also has a historical marker program.